I hope you’re all doing great!
After my previous post I decided that it would be a great idea to post my 2018 goals on my blog. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to achieve these goals as well as I achieved my goals in 2017.
If I post them online for all of my friends and followers to read at the beginning of the year, I’m more likely to be motivated to achieve them all.
I’m going to split this post into three parts, my blogging goals, my Social Media goals and my personal goals.
I hope you enjoy reading them,
2018 Blogging and Book Related Goals:
I just want to begin by saying that I blog because I enjoy it. I never want to get the stage of blogging where I’m doing it as a chore as that would be no fun and would be obvious in my writing.
While these goals do include numbers, I’m fully aware that numbers are not a necessity in blogging. My number one goal will always be to enjoy blogging. That being said, it would be an absolute dream to be able to blog as a part time job. I’m not doing it simply with the intent of making money, but if that did happen it would be a happy little extra!
I hope that makes sense. Also, some of these goals are far more realistic than others! 🙂
1. Continue blogging
2. Read more books
3. Try to read as many books from my home bookshelf as possible
4. Only blog about what I want to blog about and what I’m happy about blogging
5. Stop blogging about things I’m not enjoying blogging about
6. Stick to my blogging schedule
7. Schedule more blog posts
8. Catch up on reading the E-ARC’s I have
9. Blog in my office more, not from the sofa!
10. Receive my first physical ARC
11. Go to at least 3 blogging/book events
12. Connect with more bloggers on WordPress and Social Media
13. Spend more time reading other blogger’s posts
14. Meet up with more bloggers in person
15. Beat my Backlist of books to read (post to follow shortly)
16. Complete Tippy Tupps reading challenge (post to follow shortly)
17. Complete Blogmas 2018
18. Attempt NaNoWriMo 2018 (National Novel Writing Month)
19. Reach out to publishing houses about ARCS etc
20. Receive unexpected book mail
21. Be put on at least one PR list (a girl can hope)
22. Be put on the Lush PR list (a girl can dream)
23. Have 1,000 blog followers (not including Social Media Followers) overall
24. Have 10,000 blog comments overall
25. Have 7,000 blog post likes overall
26. Have 20,000 blog views overall
27. Have 8,000 visiters overall
28. Go self hosted
29. Earn money from blogging
30. ENJOY MYSELF!
Social Media Goals for 2018:
Again, while I’m not overly focussed or bothered by my follower count, I think it’s good to have a goal to look towards and to compare with at the start of the year. 🙂
1. Dedicate more time to Bookstagram
2. Dedicate more time to taking nicer photos for my blog and Bookstagram
3. Have 1,000 followers on Bookstagram
4. Have 3,000 Twitter followers
5. Have 200 Facebook likes
6. Do more book giveaways
7. Discover more bloggers
8. Don’t engage in negativity online
9. Spend 20 days completely off Social Media
10. Share my blog posts more regularly on Social Media
Personal goals for 2018:
These are in no particular order by the way.
1. Finish my Goodreads goal
2. Travel to three new places in the U.K.
3. Go abroad twice, once to a completely new place
4. Write more creatively (fiction, poetry etc)
5. Save money again
6. Go to more live events (gigs/concerts/shows)
7. Say yes to more things
8. Eat healthier
9. Start exercising more
10. Lose 1 stone+ (Just a personal goal to have something to work towards)
11. Drink more water
12. Look after myself more
13. Get more editing experience
14. Do at least 5 things completely out of my comfort zone
15. Have more confidence in myself
16. Get another pet
17. Treat myself and others more often
18. Spend more time with family and friends
19. Have a better sleeping schedule
20. Be tidier
Have you set yourself any goals for 2018? If so, will you share one of them with me in the comments below? Perhaps we can help each other achieve one goal this year. 🙂
Goodreads profile – https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/69229254-ashleigh-williams
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org